Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Aruba - Southern Caribbean

Ever since I turned down the change to go to Aruba with my girlfriend's family when I was in High School, I have always wanted to go.  She use to tell me how amazing the scenery, beaches and weather were and it would always make me regret not going with her.  Well, my chance has finally come and being the last stop on my cruise, it couldn't have been a better ending to my vacation.  I am ready to get my tan on, put my toes in the white sand and explore the beach/ocean in Aruba.
Some fun facts about Aruba are below.
  • A part of the ABC Islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao) of the Leeward Antilles
  • Belongs to the Kindom of The Netherlands, making all citizens Dutch
  • Area - 179 km2
  • Population - 101,484
  • Offical Languages - Dutch and Papiamento
  • Known for the beaches on the Western and Southern Coasts
  • Average Yearly Temperature - 28 °C
  • Capital City - Oranjestad 

No comments:

Post a Comment