Thursday, April 05, 2012

Spring Trend - The Mullet Skirt

With all the different trends out there for this coming Spring/Summer Season, one that I personally had to warm up to is The Mullet Skirt.  What is a Mullet Skirt you may be asking... well it is pretty much exactly what a mullet hairstyle is, but in skirt form, therefore being short in the front and longer in the back.  This trend can pretty much be worn by anyone and any style.  Being paired with heels, flats or even combat boots, this trend can go from ultra fem to rock and roll.  Seen both on the international runways and on the street, The Mullet Skirt has definitely become a Spring Favorite.
While I was away in Puerto Rico I had the opportunity, because of rainy weather, to head to their largest mall called Plaza Las American and do some shopping.  As much as I hate rain, especially on a beach vacation, I am never apposed to some good quality shopping.  I came across a Mullet Dress in BCBG Generation and had to give it a try.  With never trying this trend before I was sceptical, but you never know until you try... right?  Well off I went into the dressing room and out I came loving this dress.  As seen below, it is a purple tube style with pleating (which is another hot trend for spring), it is also the perfect length in both the front and the back.  Allowing me to wear it both for work and play.  Simply pairing it with a cardigan or blazer with a classic pump for work or worn alone with a gladiator sandal or embellished wedge/heal for play. 
The options are endless...
What do you think of this trend? Is it something that you would wear or attempt?

No comments:

Post a Comment