Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shocking News from Betsey Johnson

Since first hitting the Fashion Scene in 1978, Betsey Johnson has become a popular house hold name in the US and Canada.  Manufacturing rock and roll, over the top, vibrant party girl outfits, Betsey really changed the world of fashion as we know it.  Her outrageous runway shows and store designs really show who she is and what her brand stands for.  With that said, it is sad for me to say that on Thursday April 25th, Johnson filed for Bankruptcy.  Within the next couple of months, the majority of her 63 stores will be shutting down and therefore leaving more than 300 employees stranded without jobs.  Betsey made a statement saying "I feel so sad for my store people and all my pink girls. They live and die for me. But I need to be better. I really need to work well and be more efficient".  With deals just signed to start a reality show, it will be interesting to see if any of this will be shown...
The future of Betsey Johnson is unknown, however I can hope that the Fashion Veteran can get herself out of this mess and continue growing the Betsey Johnson brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment