Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My New Fav Lunch/Dinner Recipe

I recently have been TRYING, which is the key word, to eat healthier and overall live a healthier lifestyle.  Well my friends, it is a lot harder than it looks and than I thought.  Since I don't eat a lot of red meat I realized I needed something to make up for my lack of protein intake, therefore the beginning of my black bean obsession/addiction.  Other than Black Bean Soup, Black Bean Burritos and Mixed Bean Salads, there are thousands of recipes out there, that are yummy and home made, what more could you want?!  Since I am not the best cook and I don't tend to follow recipes very well, I decided to cut up whatever veggies were in my fridge, open a pita and fill it with black beans.  Wow... it is delish and my new favorite at work lunch.
Ingredients for my Black Bean Pita:
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Onion
Mushroom
Cucumber
Avocados
(or pretty much any veggie you have in your fridge)
Hot Sauce (I usually mix it in with the beans)
Cheese (either goat or feta is yummy)
Pita Bread (whole wheat)
Black Beans (Unico is my personal fav)
Directions:
1. Cut all veggies into small, slice size pieces.
2. Open the Pita Bread
3. Insert veggies and black beans on top
4. Push ingredients to the bottom and fold the Pita
5. Serve with soup or side salad or alone
6. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment