Friday, April 13, 2012

Coloured Shorts and Neutral Accessories - Perfect Match

With our last night out in San Juan I decided to wear something a little bit more dressy for the occasion.  Silk is by far my most favorite material for clothing and perfect for extreme heat and humidity.  It is such a light weight and breathable fabric, and obvi fashionable, you can't go wrong.  These bright green shorts are the perfect staple for anyone in their closet, super easy to wear and right on trend with the bright and colour blocking trends for Spring/Summer.  I decided to pair it with a simple black high neckline blouse and camel espadrilles, keeping the shorts the main focus.  Accessories, I stayed minimal again with beige, wood, gold and animal prints to not only add extra interest but also texture and depth.  Typically I would have worn this outfit with my hair down, either straight or curled, however it is so humid in Puerto Rico that it wasn't worth the effort for 2 mins of frizzy free, flat hair.  So instead I opted for a classic side parted ponytail, which I then braided.  Still keeping things fashionable with the ever popular braid, all while taming my mane!
Where can you shop this look... Blouse and Shorts - Wilfred at Aritzia, Espadrilles - Schutz, Handbag - Henri Bendel, Necklaces - Portugal (wooden) and Belle Noel (wishbone), Earrings - Aldo Accessories and Bracelets - Forever 21 (bamboo) and Costa Blanca (animal print).

No comments:

Post a Comment