Saturday, October 15, 2011

What a Great Start to my Weekend

It's so nice to be sitting at home on a Saturday night watching Mamma Mia and relaxing on the couch. After quite the busy couple of days it is definitely needed. I am also looking forward to having both Sunday and Monday off to lounge around and catch up on some much needed R&R and sleep.

My week ended with the worst Friday at work ever. Everyone was irritating me I could barely keep it together. Friday's are already hard enough because you know the weekend is right around the corner. It was a tough day to get through. However, I am happy I didn't stay up all night to wait in line for the new iPhone 4S or I would have been even more tired and irritable. People are crazy to wait for over 12 hours for a phone, regardless how cool or how much you want/need it. I, myself am a BlackBerry girl however this new iPhone is really making me consider the change. It is by far has the coolest technology ever!

Apr├Ęs work it was my good friend Jesse's Charity Gala. Team Brother Bear raises money for Cancer Research and is an amazing event that I could not miss. I love getting all fancy and having a good dinner and some drinks with good friends. Always ends up being a fun evening that won't be forgotten. Since we are all grown up now and spreading our wings in different directions these events are a great way to get everyone together to support such a great cause.

I'm sure some of you out there are interested to know what I was wearing... Well I wore a black BCBG dress that I bought for Valentines Day last year and just haven't had another
opportunity to wear it. I figured this was perfect, not too dressy but just dressy enough. I paired my dress with a pair of grey sky high suede pumps from Aldo with a peep toe and a beaded detail pendent on the toe. The shoes weren't the comfiest... I hope with the more wear they stretch out and get comfier because I LOVE them!! LOVE LOVE THEM!

Today, I finally painted my condo with the help of the paint master, aka Manisha! My condo finally feels like home and now just a space I was keeping my stuff in. It's crazy how big of a different paint can make! Since my condo is an open concept and my kitchen, tv room and dinner room are all one big space I decided that I needed to somehow paint each separate space to distinguish them. So I ended up painting my kitchen "area" a moss green colour and the other walls a beige colour. However, the exciting pair is that I am going to wallpaper the wall that's behind my couch to creat a focal wall and some interest. Wallpaper date - TBA

My plan for tomorrow is to head to Aldo and purchase those Leopard Print booties I have been talking about and regreating my buying the last time I was in the mall. I also want to go to Urban Barn to check out their chair selection and possibly buy a turquoise budda figurine. Other than that I will be lazing around doing nothing and enjoying every second of it! I just hope I'm not too sore tomorrow from painting because I am already feeling some aches and pains.

Unit then, have a safe, yet fun Saturday night!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment