It may be weird making Soup when it is still 25+ degrees outside but honestly there is nothing better than a homemade Soup with fresh Ingredients, regardless what time of year it is. I am also notorious for buying too many vegetables at the grocery store and needed to figure out how to use up my Broccoli and Cauliflower before it going bad, and this Soup was the perfect Recipe to have stumbled upon. In total this Soup took about 45 minutes to prepare and serve, making it perfect for dinner or to make and freeze for later. Please don't let the colour fool you, it is super delicious, easy to make, and extremely healthy. Make this soup for dinner tonight, the Ingredients and Directions are below.
1. Broccoli - 1 Head Chopped
2. Cauliflower - 1 Head Chopped
3. Yellow Onion - 1.5 Onions Chopped
4. Chicken/Vegetable Broth - 4 Cups
5. Water - 8 Cups
6. Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
7. Butter - 1 Tbsp
8. Garlic - 4 Cloves Chopped
9. Mozzarella - 1/4 Cup Shredded
10. Oregano - 1/2 Tbsp
11. Thyme - 1/4 Tbsp
12. Parsley - 1/4 Tbsp
13. Salt and Pepper - To Taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chopped Broccoli and Cauliflower on a baking sheet, drizzle with Olive Oil, sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, and place Garlic evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. In a large pot melt Butter over medium-high heat, place chopped Onions, and saute until soft.
3. Remove Broccoli and Cauliflower from oven and place in pot, along with Water, Chicken/Vegetable Broth, Oregano, Thyme, Parsley, Salt, and Pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Puree mixture. Once at the desired consistency add in Mozzarella and stir until well incorporated. Note: Mozzarella may not completely melt, however will soften.
5. Ladle into a bowl and enjoy!