Thursday, February 28, 2013

Best Moments of This Years Oscars

There is nothing about the Oscars that I don't like, other that Anne Hathaway and James Franco hosting, and this year's ceremony was by far my favorite. From the flawless fashion to the ever funny host, Seth MacFarlane, to the talented winners and their heartfelt speeches, everything was executed so perfectly, although I felt the show was a tad longer than usual, I didn't care! Since I enjoy the Oscars so much I thought I would share with you my Top Moments From the 2013 Oscars.  Also, don't forget to check out my Best Dressed List by clicking here
I am literally OBSESSED with Jennifer Lawrence.  Not only did she wear the gown of the evening, she also took home the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her portrayal of Tiffany in Silver Linings Playbook. However, my favorite J-Lawrence moment was not her walking down the red carpet, I know I know weird, it was when she went up to accept her award and tripped up the stairs, falling in her gorgeous gown, pictured above.  She then continued to collect her award to a standing ovation saying "Thank you. You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell and that's really embarrassing but thank you."  How cute and well handled, there is nothing I love more than someone who can make fun of themselves in an embarrassing moment.
Best Dressed may have gone to Jennifer Lawrence however Best Hair went to Reese Witherspoon.  Reese wore a simple Louis Vuitton column strapless dress with black trim and bustier bodice detailing.  Accessorizing her look with Louis Vuitton fine jewellery, a nude lip, sun-kissed skin, and a subtle smokey eye.  The jaw-dropper however was her side swept perfectly curled do that was the cherry on top!
Best Acceptance Speech went to a tearful Adele, who won Best Original Song for "Skyfall".  Her speech was short and sweet but clearly emotional, as Adele had to cut it short holding back tears.  Check it out above.

No comments:

Post a Comment