Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My New Fav DIY Necklace

DIY Pearl Peter Pan Collar
I have been loving the collar necklace trend recently and when I saw this DIY Project on Missglamorazzi's YouTube channel I had to jump on it and try it myself.  This easy DIY Peter Pan Collar Necklace will be a major fashion hit with your friends and your wardrobe, and being able to say you made it yourself will have them shocked and wanting one for themselves.
What You Will Need:
1. Piece of felt
2. Scissors
3. Tacky Glue
4. Ribbon
5. Pearl Beads or Glitter
6. Pattern
(the one I used was created by Alison Faulkner Robertson for sheblogssheblogs.com)
Take your piece of felt and fold it in half.  You can use any colour of felt you wish, as you can see I choose black simply because it is the most neutral.
Pin your pattern to the felt.  Ensure the straight edge of the pattern is up against the fold of the felt and do not cut along the folded edge.  This will mirror the pattern so the shape is exactly the same on both sides of the collar.
Once cut, unfold the felt and this is what you should be left with.
Start gluing the pearls around the outside of the collar first to make an even border.  Once the border is complete start filling in the collar simply by applying glue to the felt and taking a handful of beads and placing them on the felt.  Be sure to press down on the beads to make sure they are securely glued.  Let this dry for a couple of hours or overnight.
Once dry, use the tacky glue to fasten the ribbon to the top of the collar.  To determine the perfect ribbon length, simply wrap it around your neck, cut at desired length, and then fold the ribbon in half and cut in half.  Let dry and then voila your collar is ready to be front and centre!
I am also making two more of this exact same Peter Pan Collar with Black Sparkles and Gold Sparkles instead of Pearls.  Follow the same steps as above, however all that's required is to apply the glue throughout the entire collar and sprinkle the sparkles onto the felt, let dry overnight, and then apply a spray sealant onto to ensure the sparkles don't come off!

1 comment:

  1. OmG I love it! I obsessed over these style necklaces a few months ago. I found a variety at For Love 21. I think you are awesome at the DIY.

    ReplyDelete