Monday, December 03, 2012

What's In My Shower...


I have had some readers and friends ask me what kind of shower products I use and instead of answering them all separately I decided it would be easiest to do a post about it.  To be honest I am pretty piratical when it comes to shower products, unlike my make-up and clothes, and simply purchase them at either Shoppers Drug Mart or WalMart and lately have had great success at Winners.  Check out my daily shower process below and I will link whatever I can so you can purchase or check out more information.  If you have products that you recommend I try, you know I am open to try anything once.  Leave the link or product name below in the comments.
I am OBSESSED with TRESemme Healthy Volumes Shampoo and Conditioner.  Filled with Silk Proteins to help build body and fullness, which is perfect for us girls with thin hair.  Not only does the product speak for itself; it is usually on sale for $4.99 per bottle at Shoppers Drug Mart, which you can't go wrong with, and the 900mL bottles last me absolutely forever!  Two newer products in my shower are Wen by Chaz Dean in Sweet Almond Mint and Arbonne's Seasourse Detox Spa Fortifying Hair Mask.  Let's start with Wen; the Cleaning Conditioner is suppose to work wonders and replace the use of the traditional Shampoo/Conditioner team, however I did notice this product was a little thick and "producty", for lack of a better word (think of leaving the hair dressers after they have washed and styled your hair).  Since it is so thick and "producty" I find it leaves my hair feeling somewhat oily, which forces me to wash my hair every other day, instead of my usual every 3 or 4 days. Secondly I have Arbonne's Fortifying Hair Mask, which I have yet to use.  However, after the product being highly recommended by my girlfriend I am extremely excited to use this product.  This hair mask is made out of all natural ingredients, which helps strengthen, condition, repair, and revitalize the hair shaft for a healthy and lustrous sheen.  If this product does everything it says it does, it is going to be a match made in heaven.  Once I try it I will give you guys a full review.
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo for Blond/Silver hair is my go-to colour enhancing shampoo.  Formulated to brighten and refresh blond/silver hair in between visits to the salon.  This shampoo is also call "Purple Shampoo" and is recommended to be used if you are exposed to chlorine, old pipes in your shower, and for everyday wear and tear from other products or styling tools.  This shampoo is a must when travelling as it prevents my hair from going green from being in the pool, which is very important, you know we've all been there.  Another must in my shower is a luffa.  There are a lot of articles saying that they're not as hygienic as everyone thinks, however I can't find anything else that provides such a nice lather as my luffa.  Some helpful tips would be to ensure you thoroughly wash out body wash/other product after use and buying a new luffa every couple of months.
On a recent trip to Winners I came across this EO Essentials Nourishing Formula Grapefruit & Mint Shower Gel.  I am a sucker for anything Mint fragrance, therefore I couldn't say no.  The 960mL bottle was well worth the $12.99 price point, as it is going to last me quite awhile.  Using pure essential oils, hydrating honey, organic herbal blends, coconut oil cleansing complex, and aloe vera it allows a nourishing cleanse leaving my skin smooth, clean, and extremely soft.  Not to mention the smell... it is so relaxing and yummy!  With fine, sporadic, blond hair, shaving my legs can be tough.  However, I find the Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel in Raspberry Rain to give me the closest shave without irritation.  A lot goes a long way with me and works well under your arms and in your bikini area.
 
Last but not least, is my Body Shop Nutmeg and Vanilla Body Scrub (similar).  Which is A-MAZING in the Winter months to get rid of dry and flakey skin, whether being on my legs or arms.  Believe me, I have never had smoother skin throughout a Canadian Winter than with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment