Thursday, December 08, 2011

Simple Guacamole = Huge Hit


As I all told you, I have my Secret Santa Party this coming Sunday at my condo with my girlfriends.  It has been tradition to have a pot luck style lunch/dinner and this year is no exception.  Since I am hosting the festive event I am looking forward to put my hosting skills to the test and offer a bunch of different snacks for all to share.  The first recipe I am going to share with you is Guacamole.  Yumm, who doesnt like guacamole, right?  I am going to serve this with Nacho Chips and veggies to change things up.  Since I am a cilantro hater I am going to be omitting that from the recipe, and maybe adding some more spice, such as a jalapenos.
I have shared the recipe below, from All Recipe.  I have used this website before when I made my Apple Pie and Apple Sauce and they were both extremely delish.  Guacamole is so simple, if I can successfully make it I'm sure you can too.  Have fun and happy eating :)

Ingredients:
3 avocados - peeled, pitted and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.  Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes and garlic.  Stir in cayeene pepper.  Refrigerate for 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment