Friday, May 24, 2013

Mini Montreal Shopping Spree

Over the Victoria Day (May) Long Weekend my boyfriend and I decided to cross the boarder into Quebec to enjoy some poutine (well that's mostly me) and some city/cottage country living for 4 days.  First up was a quick trip to Montreal Friday leaving Saturday afternoon and finishing Saturday and the rest of the weekend at his family's cottage outside of Montreal, then heading back to Toronto on Monday.  Going from downtown city life to cottage living is extremely hard to a) pack for and b) to get into complete cottage relaxation mood. However, I manage to make it through the weekend, got to relax, and overall thoroughly enjoyed my weekend.  While in Montreal I had to do a little bit of shopping, stopping at Kiehl's, The Bay, and The Watch Station, to do some needed Retail Therapy.
1) Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter $45 (235g Jar) - $58 (340g Jar): I know this body butter may seem a little pricey, and I agree with you it is, however it is honestly the best body butter I have EVER used.  The texture, smell, and after feel is beyond comparable to other butters.  This whipped butter is light weight, quick absorbing, and provides long lasting moisture.  Made with all natural ingredients, such as Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and Beta-Carotene.  Thanks again to EssieButton for emptying out my wallet for MORE beauty products!
I also scored some free samples, who doesn't love FREE things, of Sunflower Color Preserve Shampoo (X2) and Conditioner, and the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser, Toner, and Lotion.
2) Chanel Pudre Signee de Chanel Highlighting Powder ($75) from the Printemps Precieux de Chanel Spring 2013 Collection: Once again another over-priced item, however this highlight powder is AMAZING.  I searched high and dry for this products and was so excited when I found it at the Chanel Counter in The Bay on St-Catherine.  It is the perfect amount of shimmer and highlight, while feeling as though you aren't wearing any more powder on your face.  I apply it to the top of my cheek bones and brow bones with the super soft sponge applicator that was included.  To bad this is a limited edition item, as I know I am going to want to re-purchase it once I have finished this one.
3) Marc by Marc Jacobs Henry Strap Watch $235: Now this was an impulse purchase, as I saw it randomly in the window while walking by The Watch Station on St-Catherine.  I have been in the market for a gold/rose-gold watch and loved this one because of its white leather band and neon pink piping and face detailing.  It is definitely going to be my go-to watch this summer, perfect for adding a bit of fun to any outfit, dressy or casual/day or night.

No comments:

Post a Comment