With my Bestest Friend's wedding only weeks away, working out and healthy eating is top of mind, even though all I want during this time of year is carb-loaded comfort foods, so what's healthier than Veggies and Salmon! Ok ok I admit, I desperately need to go to the grocery store and that was all that was in my fridge/freezer and it is WAY better than scrambled eggs. But, on another note, this meal was beyond easy to whip together, taking less than 30 minutes, and anything topped in Sriracha is GOLD. The Ingredients and Directions are below and if these Veggies or Protein aren't for you I encourage you to pull together those stragglers in your fridge and get creative.
1. Salmon Fillet
2. Red Pepper - 1/4 or 4 Slices
3. Orange Pepper - 1/4 or 4 Slices
4. Yellow Pepper - 1/4 or 4 Slices
5. Mushroom - Sliced
6. Red Onion - 1/4 Sliced
7. Garlic - 3 Cloves Pressed
8. Quinoa - 1/4 Cup Cooked
10. Seasoning Salt (For Salmon) - 1 Tsp
11. Salt and Pepper - To Taste
12. Olive Oil (For Cooking)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. While oven is pre-heating, prep baking sheet by drizzling Olive Oil on some tin-foil and place Salmon on top. Drizzle Salmon with Olive Oil then sprinkle on Seasoning Salt and press in. Also, chop all Peppers, Mushrooms, Red Onion, and Garlic.
3. Place Salmon in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
4. Once Salmon has approximately 10 minutes left, mix together Peppers, Mushrooms, Red Onion, and Garlic in a heated frying pan with Olive Oil.
5. When Veggies are cooked through mix in Quinoa and as much Sriracha as desired. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until Salmon is finished in the oven. (Note: I had made Quinoa in my fridge, if you need to make Quinoa follow instructions on package before adding to the Veggies.)
6. Remove Salmon from oven and place on top of a bed of the Veggie and Quinoa mixture.
7. ENJOY 🍴😋