Once again Blackened Tilapia makes an appearance, it is so delicious that I don't even care that I'm a Recipe Repeat! This time I paired it with Collard Greens, which before this Recipe I had never had, cooked, or even heard of, however I was pleasantly surprised! Although they are on the bitter side, like Kale, I cooked them with some Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes, which helped cut the bitterness and add some flavor to a fairly tasteless superfood. With Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Calcium, and Vitamin B6 this veggie may become a staple in my house! Check out the Recipe below:
1. Tilapia Fillet
2. Blackening Seasoning (Recipe Here)
3. Collard Greens - Chopped
4. Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
5. Garlic - 4 Cloves Pressed
6. Red Pepper Flakes - 1 Tbsp
7. Water - 1/2 Cup
1. In a Frying Pan heat up half the Olive Oil then mix in pressed Garlic, letting cook for a couple of minutes or until fragrant. Then mix in Red Pepper Flakes until fragrant.
2. Place Collard Greens in Frying Pan and mix together with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes. Then add in Water, put Frying Pan Lid on, and let steam for approximately 10 minutes on Medium-Low Heat.
3. In another Frying Pan heat other half of Olive Oil.
4. While Olive Oil is heating up, rub the Blackening Seasoning into both sides of the Tilapia Fillet.
5. Once Olive Oil is heated place the Tilapia in the Frying Pan, frying for 3-5 minutes per side.
6. Once both the Collard Greens and Tilapia have finished cooking, plate, and ENJOY! 😊