Thursday, February 12, 2015

January Monthly Beauty Favourites

The first month of 2015 is over and man did it go by quickly… I can already tell this year is going to fly by. Not too many makeup products were loved this month since I was away and then tanned, so none of my makeup was the right colour. But hair and skin products were literally my best friends, humidity and heat not so much. I literally found myself trying to hydrate my skin so it wouldn't peal or taming my frizzy hair; I did find some keepers that will definitely be reintroduced during up coming vacations and in the summer! So, lets get to the mini reviews.

1) Artifact Skin Co. - Mint Clementine Lip Balm ($12): This 100% natural lip balm is made from Shea butter and calendula oil helping with dry chapped lips, creating and holding in moisture. 2) Tocca Eau de Parfum - Stella ($18): Notes include Bitter and Blood Orange, Wild Diamond Orchid, Spicy Lily, and Sandlewood. 3) Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray ($12.99): Argan Oil, Keratin, and Grape Seed Oil infused hairspray helps increases volume, shine, and hold. This non-water based hairspray is like no other; forget about wet, sticky, and crunchy hair. 4) Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($12): Besides the smell, this is the BEST Dry Shampoo I have ever tried, and I am close to trying them all. Its lightweight formula does not change the colour or texture of your hair leaving it looking fresh and clean. 5) Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Conditioning Lotion: This lotion is for VERY dry skin, which was perfect for my post-sun exposed skin. I strongly believe this lotion allowed me to enjoy my tan longer, instead of watch it peel off. 6) Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster ($60): Helps to brighten, minimize fine lines, and boost collagen levels with the help of orange, grapefruit, and green tea extracts. Quickly absorbs into the skin and feels perfect under day/night cream or makeup. 7) Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser ($38): This foaming cleanser lightly deeps cleans, nourishes, and hydrates skin using African Red Tea, 'a youth-restoring antioxidant to strengthen skin, vitamin C to brighten and firm, and borage seed oil to soothe and nourish'. 8) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner ($26): Easy to apply, opaque black formula, long wearing, and a marker-like tip. What more could you want in a liner? 9) MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade ($32): A velvet soft powder with a high-frost metallic finish which creates the most perfect under eye, cheek bone, and t-zone highlight. 10) Lush Gumback Express Shower Smootie: A Banana based product that contained small almond bits to gently exfoliate your skin. This formula was perfect for the winter months or when you returned from a week in the hot sun. So sad to see this product discontinued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment