Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Clarisonic Mia Review

Since picking up my very own Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System a little over a week ago, I have been literally using it twice a day, every day.  The way it leaves my face feeling after use is incomparable to washing my face with my hands; claiming it cleans six times better than your own hands, which I strongly believe is true!  Check out my review below and feel free to ask me any questions in the comment box if you are thinking of purchasing one yourself.
What is my skin type? I would definitely say that my skin has more of an oily completion.  I do also get the occasional break-out, however it isn't a huge concern, when the seasons, my diet, or my living situation changes (ie Vacations/Weekend Aways). 
How do I use it?  Since I do not have problem skin, I only use my Clarisonic on my face when I wake up and before I go to bed, as you can use it all over your body.  I simply wet my face with warm/hot water, whether in the shower or by my sink, apply a dime sized amount of my Facial Cleanser (I am currently using Soap & Glory's Face Soap) onto the centre of the brush and spread with my finger.  I then turn on the brush and in circular motions cleanse my entire face, making sure to get into the corners of my nose and in my hairline.  When the brush turns off, which I believe is after 1 minute, wash away the lathered cleanser with warm/hot water, and apply your usual toner (currently using Proactive Revitalising Toner), lotion (currently using Soap & Glory Glow Job), or whatever else you may apply after cleansing your face.
How does it make my skin feel?  As mentioned above, my face honestly hasn't felt this smooth EVER!  After cleansing with the Clarisonic you can really feel how much cleaner your skin is, opposed to washing with your hands.  And since your face is that much cleaner (6X cleaner to be exact) it feels as though you are applying makeup to virgin skin, even though you are probably applying it on a daily bases.  The only downside is that since having a somewhat oily completion I find that my face gets oilier quicker, however I'm sure that is nothing a Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin can't cure. I have also noticed more blemishes than normal, but I believe this is due to all the gunk coming out of my pores.  I just have to remember that things tend to get worse before they get better.
Was it worth the $139 price tag? I would say yes, because honestly my skin has never felt this good!  The brush is rechargeable, like any portable device, and replacement brush heads can be purchased at your local Sephora for around $40 for a Twin-Pack of Replacement Brush Heads or $75 for a Four-Pack.  After seeing the results I have seen after less than 2 weeks of use I will be sure to continue using this as a part of my facial cleansing routine.
Would I recommend this product? If you have read and paid attention to anything I have said above then you obviously know what my answer is... YES!  This product is amazing and I would highly recommend it for all different skin types.  The Mia comes with a standard brush head for all different skin types, however brush heads are available for specific skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment