Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Every Fashionista's Best Friend...

It is hard to believe that growing up I thought the colour wheel was only for learning colours and nothing else.  But recently I have been referencing it more and more for interesting colour combinations for fun Summer outfits.  With colour blocking such a huge trend this season; the colour wheel has literally become my go to fashion helper every morning or evening when I am getting ready and figuring out what outfit to wear.  Knowing what colours compliment and contrast other colours is essential while putting together an outfit.  Like today, I am wearing a Yellow and White polka-dotted dress with Purple peep toe pumps, and who know these colours would look uber cute together, creating interest and depth to my already super fab outfit.  My trick is to keep a copy/print out of a colour wheel you find most useful, as there are thousands available, on your wall in/by your closest or dressing area and while picking your pieces for the day you can then quickly reference the wheel to create even better outfits.  I'm sure your friends and family will what to know your secret, and don't worry this secret is ok to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment