Thursday, December 15, 2016

Asian Inspired Chicken + Broccoli

I am back to cooking again! After a long hiatus of simply being too lazy, it feels so good getting back in the kitchen and eating healthy homemade meals. Also, going to Dominican Republic for my Bestie's Wedding in less than 2 weeks is motivation enough, but adding no working-out to the mix (because of having my Appendix removed) doesn't help. However, both reasons are giving me great excuses to start doing something I love again! And this meal was definitely a great reminder why I love to cook so much! To say this meal was flavorful doesn't even do it justice. This was possibly the best Chicken I have ever tasted and to think I made it and it was so easy puts a massive smile on my face, and a happy Boyfriend to-boot! The Chicken was so juicy and the Marinade was tasted throughout, then paired perfectly with the 'sauced-up' (if you may) Broccoli, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! You NEED to make this for Dinner, like this week!
Ingredients and Directions are below!
Ingredients
1. Broccoli - 3 Heads
2. Chicken Breast - 3
3. Olive Oil
4. Asian Inspired Marinade 

Marinade Ingredients
1. Ginger - 1/2 Tsp Grated
2. Garlic - 5 Cloves Grated
3. Soy Sauce - 3 Tbsp
4. Oyster Sauce - 1 Tbsp
5. Honey - 2 Tbsp
6. Sesame Oil - 2 Tsp
7. Pepper - 1/2 Tsp
8. Sriracha - To Taste
9. Salt - Small Pinch

Directions
1. Mix together all Marinade Ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Place Chicken Breasts in and cover completely with Marinade. Put in fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking. (I Marinaded the Chicken for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.)
2. Pre-heat Oven to 450 degrees.
3. Chop Broccoli into Florets.
4. Prep baking sheet with Aluminium Foil and Olive Oil. Place Marinaded Chicken on one side and Broccoli Florets on the other.
5. Pour remaining Marinade over Broccoli Florets and mix to cover all pieces. 
6. Place in Oven for 20 minutes.
7. Once cooked, remove from Oven, let sit for a couple of minutes, and plate.
8. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment