Thursday, May 08, 2014

My 5 Days in London… Day 2

There's no better way to cure a champagne hangover than with a museum, some retail therapy, Indian food, and blue skies!  Day 2 in London was definitely another one for the books! Don't forget to check out my first day in London by clicking here.
We started off our day visiting The Glamour of Italian Fashion 1945-2014 Presented by Bulgari at The Victoria and Albert Museum.  Designers such as Giambattista Valli, Versace, Gucci, Missoni, Pucci, Sorelle Fontana, Giorgio Armani, Fendi, Marni, Dolce & Gabbana, and Valentino amongst others were put on display showcasing the exceptional creativity, luxury, and craftsmanship through the years that comes along with the iconic 'Made in Italy' label.
After leaving the V&A we walked along Brompton Road to get to Harrods, stopping at a café for a much needed Cappuccino.
The second we walked up to Harrods all I thought was WOW does this department store, if I can even call it that, live up to its reputation.  7 floors covering 4.5 acres featuring Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin, Burberry, and a MASSIVE shoe department all under one roof, Welcome to every Fashionista's dream! Not only does it meet every possible fashion need, there's also a meat and cheese market, 13 restaurants, a fashion exhibit (currently housing Pradasphere), and much much more.
Naturally I couldn't resist doing some shopping and thought it was the perfect time to FINALLY purchase some Christian Louboutin's.  First, the boutique was out of this world - shoes were literally everywhere.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by all the other styles, but eye on the prize and I picked up these beauties (Fifi Patent 100mm in Black).
Ending off the day at Noor Jahan, an Indian Restaurant known for it's celebrity sightings and excellent food. Unfortunately, I didn't bump shoulders with any of the rich and famous, however I did enjoy copious amounts of delicious food with some great company. Some of my favourite dishes included the Onion Bhajee, the Fish Curry, and obvi the Butter Chicken, you just can't go wrong with Butter Chicken, EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment