This is currently the most loved and requested dinner, and not just by me but also my boyfriend. It is super easy to throw together, cuts cravings for take-out, and does not break the bank. I always serve it with some sort of salad, coleslaw and kale mix seen in the picture below, however you can make it your own and serve your favourite side dish. All I know is that you definitely won't be disappointed by this delicious dinner, maybe you should make it tonight?
Ingredients and Directions Below:
1. 2 Chicken Breasts - Cubed
2. Broccoli - 6 Cups
3. Sliced Mushrooms - 4 Cups
4. 1 Small Onion - Sliced
5. Vermicelli Noodles - 1/2 Package
6. Flour - 1/4 Cup
7. Chicken Broth - 1 Cup
8. Honey - 1/4 Cup
9. Soy Sauce - 1/4 Cup
10. Grated Ginger - 1/2 Tbsp
11. Grated Garlic - 2 Cloves
12. Sesame Oil - 2 Tbsp
13. Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
14. Sesame Seeds (optional)
1. Cut Chicken into cubes and place in a bowl with Flour, coat chicken evenly. Remove Chicken, shaking off any excess Flour, and place on a plate. Leave remaining Flour in the bowl for the Sauce.
2. To make the Sauce: Add Chicken Stock, Honey, Soy Sauce, Ginger, Garlic, and Sesame Oil to Flour and stir until smooth.
3. Heat skillet on medium-high heat, adding 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Once Olive Oil is hot add Chicken and spread out evenly. Stir-fry Chicken until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
4. Add 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil to the same skillet. Once Olive Oil is hot add Broccoli, Mushrooms, and Onions and stir-fry for approx. 5 minutes, or until Mushrooms have softened and Broccoli is crisp.
5. While the Chicken and Vegetables are cooking, boil water for the Vermicelli Noodles. Once water has boiled follow cooking times on the package.
6. Stir the Sauce again then pour it over the Vegetables. Bring Sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until Sauce thickens. Add Chicken and Vermicelli Noodles, mixing them together with the Vegetables and Sauce. Cook until heated throughout.
7. Plate, garnish with Sesame Seeds, and Enjoy!