Thursday, November 06, 2014

October Beauty Favs

October was an exciting beauty month with the release of holiday sets, discovering new products, and revisiting some oldies but goodies. My list of favourites this month is long but full of amazing products which I strongly believe are worth the hype and try.
1. Tarte Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment: Incorporated with c-brighter technology this cream helps refresh, renew, and recharge tired eyes at the same time hydrates, firms, and brightens. It is lightweight and has a smooth texture making it the perfect consistency for an eye cream. 2. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium/Deep: First of all this bronzer smells A-MA-ZING, that's right, think of opening a container of hot chocolate powder, so yummy! Besides the scent this bronzer is extremely pigmented and provides a beautiful natural tan colour. Perfect for contouring or as an everyday bronzing tool. 3. Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Swinger: The definition of a full coverage, hydrating lipstick and not to mention it is long wearing. The colour though is what drew me in, it is the perfect pink/purple berry colour with just the right balance of gloss and matte. 4. Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer: Every girl with visible pores needs to try this primer. The second the product is rubbed in your face you can see your pores disappearing. Also, once applied it leaves such a smooth surface to build on, keeps shine and oily areas to a minimal, and keep your foundation from sliding around. 5. Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation in #110 Creamy Natural: By far one of my favourite liquid foundations I have ever used and to find it at the drug store for under $10… BONUS! This foundation is lightweight, provides medium coverage, is extremely blendable and buildable, keeps oils out, and leaves my face feeling makeup free. 6. Z Palette: After finally finding Z Palettes in Canada (Thank You FTB Beauty) I needed to follow in every beauty addicts footsteps. This palette is amazing, perfect for travel, is compact, and easy to create. De-potting eyeshadows couldn't have been easier and honestly frees up so much space… to buy more makeup of course. 7. Clarisonic Mia: I'm sure by now all you beauty gurus have heard and used one of the many different Clarisonic devises. For some reason this month my skin was extremely temperamental and my Clarisonic truly made it better. The vibrating brush was able to gently dig into my pores removing stubborn dirt and clear up blemishes. 8. Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This anti-crease eye shadow primer is lightweight and allows cream and power shadows to stay put throughout the day with any type of skin, whether oily or not. It also helps create an intensity that would require numerous layers of shadow, with only one application. 9. Beauty Blender: My new favourite tool to apply both the Smashbox Primer and the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation. I have never had a more evenly or flawlessly applied liquid foundation in my life. Beauty Blender it took WAY too many years to meet but I'm never letting you go. 10. Diorshow Maximizer: This plumping serum honestly make your lashes go from drab to fab. I have used this in the past and loved it but thought I could go without it… man I was wrong. If you want every girl to think you are wearing false lashes you NEED this product. 11. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Another holy grail product and for a mascara whore like me that is a major statement. This mascara has everything, it is lengthening, volumizing, separating, and creates a dramatic bold lash. Secret - in combination with the Diorshow Maximizer OMG, can I say match made in heaven! 12. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Coco, Moonlight, Rosegold, and Amethyst: For the girl who loves cream shadows you need to try these. Because they are in pencil form they are extremely easy to apply and easy to blend together with the help of a crease brush. I use them in combination with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance to ensure no creasing happens throughout the day. 13. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!: The deep conditioning mask helps with dry, damaged, breaking hair caused by colouring, heat treatment, or climate changes. This mask left my hair feeling so refreshed and smooth, it was honestly like no other mask I have ever used.

No comments:

Post a Comment