Monday, July 16, 2018

June Beauty Empties + Mini Reviews

Another month has come and gone, which means another month of trash! Doing this each month really makes me realize how many products I use up in a month and helps me see progress of my collection clear out. However, I may have a beauty/skincare problem? How many products do you use up on a monthly basis? Check out last month's beauty trash and read mini reviews on each of the items below.
1. Bioderma Sensibio H2O: My go to cleansing water - you'll see empties month after month!
2. Sand & Sky Purifying Pink Clay Mask: I liked the sample I received from IPSY enough to purchase the full sized. However, I was never as impressed as I was with the sample. It definitely cleaned out pores and resurfaced my skin, but I missed that fresh-face cleansed feel I first got.
3. Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum: This serum claims to reduce lines and wrinkles, however with only a sample size lasting 5-6 days I can't really verify those claims. What I can say is that it felt nice on my skin, making moisturizers go on smoothly, and added that additional umph that my skin craves from serums.
4. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub - Coconut Lime: As good as all the reviews out there. This scrub was intense yet gentle, giving my skin a good scrub without damaging or irritating. I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.
5. Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser: My go to cleanser when my skin is prone to blemishes. It clears up and keeps my skin spot free, without dehydrating my skin. The sample size is perfect for spot cleansing then regular use for me, so I always have a mini in my collection.
6. Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil Hairspray: Another one of my favourites. This dry hairspray is perfect and easy to work with. It goes on dry and does not leave that crunchy after feeling like most hairsprays.
7. Dior Show Maximizer 3D: Another beauty go to, I need this mascara primer in my daily life, well whenever I wear mascara. It helps fill, curl, and add length to my lashes, without adding additional clump or weight.
8. Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer: This may be my next full-sized daily moisturizer purchase. They moisturizer is so light weight it doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything. And bonus, it feels great under both make up and SPF.
9. Tend Skin: Great drugstore option for razor rash and irritation. Would repurchase, however it does not have a long shelf life and you do not need a lot of product when using.
10. Tarte Park Ave Princess Bronzer: Finally a bronzer that isn't muddy or grey. This is the first bronzer that I have actually be able to use without looking weird - I have since repurchased and is now my go to bronzer.
11. Real Chemistry Fresh-Start Foaming Cleanser: Cleansed my face, however very drying. My skin cried out for moisture immediately after washing.
12. Butter London Double Decker Lashes: This mascara was a great surprise. It lengthened, curled, added volume, and thickened but didn't clump. I would repurchase, however I have a drawer full of other mascaras to get through.
13. Beauty Chuck Bouquet Gabni - Rose: Hydrating and left my skin feeling nice and plump. Nothing revolutionary, however a great value-friendly mask.
14. Whamisa Organic Flowers Hydrogel Mask: This mask was amazing. I did it on a transatlantic flight and my skin has never felt so good afterwards. It hydrated my skin leaving it plump with a natural dewy look. Loved this mask - if only it was easier to get (from Glow Recipe).
15. Dearpacker Rice Sheet Mask: This was awful, the sheet wouldn't even stay on my face as it continuously slid off. I had to take it off after only 5 minutes because of this.
16. Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath - Candy Cane: I buy one of these every year around Christmas time and then use it for the year to come. I don't know why but this is the most long lasting body wash ever. You do not need a lot and has a great lather. I love it and as much as I hate using it through spring and summer I will be repurchasing this winter.
17. Vichy Laboratories Pureté Thermale 3 in 1: This cleansed my skin, however left a weird oily texture after. It made my skin overly hydrated to the point of greasy when used in combination with my daily moisturizer. Would not repurchase, however if you have dry skin you may enjoy this.
18. Just For You Hand & Body Lotion: Took from a hotel when I realized I forgot my body lotion. It added the necessary moisture for the short time I was away. Like most hotel lotions it was watery and took time penetrating into my skin.
19. Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer: This is the second sample I have used up. And I am slightly disappointed, as it is not the same as I remember. It was still nice for a daily moisturizer, however left my skin a little greasy and was not make up friendly.
20. City Color HD Powder: I loved this power to lock in my day cream, as well as any foundation/concealer used. It was truly transparent and easy to put on in a rush.
21. Batiste Dry Shampoo - Original: My go to dry shampoo which I cannot live or travel without. However, these travel sizes are great but run out so quickly.
22. Sephora Eye Mask - Pomegranate: I found these slightly did as advertised, however I believe when they re-branded their masks they also changed the quality of the product. The masks were not as thick as I remembered, making them harder to work with.
23. Sephora Eye Mask - Cucumber: Hydrated and de-puffed, however same issues as #22. These also dried very quickly on my eyes, not allowing the product to sit and sink into my skin.
24. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: Another empty that was better as a mini. This wowed me when I got a sample from Sephora enough to purchase the full size... and super disappointed. I tried to use it for a while, thought maybe it would get better with use but that didn't happen. This isn't quite empty but I just couldn't use it any longer.
25. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - Vanilla Citron: This cream was thick, moisturizing, and saved my skin in the winter months. Now into summer it helps my sun exposed skin get back to normal. Definitely a repurchase once I've used up all the other lotions in my collection.
26. Glamglow GravityMud Firming Treatment: A great firming/tightening mask from Glamglow. I love that this one actually peels off easily without pulling your skin and hair with it. This does everything it claims and more. I can't wait to open up the new one in my bathroom drawer.
27. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair: I loved this serum. It made my skin feel amazing before bed and made my night creams go on smoothly and penetrate into my skin. I definitely see why this is one of Estée Lauder's hallmark products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment