Sunday, June 10, 2018

May Beauty Empties + Mini Reviews

May was a big month for empties and a big month for necessary repurchases. I felt like I went through all of my day-to-day products, which is great, however I then had to dig into my Beauty Stash for replacements when possible, luckily I have a huge collection of minis and samples I need to make my way through. Which you can see just the beginning of by checking out my Garbage!
1. Vaseline Lip Therapy - Cocoa Butter: A great lip treatment for overnight, as it is super thick and, because it is Vaseline, has a lasting power like no other. It helped heal my dried/cracked lips and left them feeling super soft and hydrated
2. Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex: This was a great Retinol treatment that I used daily with my nighttime routine. I noticed subtle results, helping with my fine lines and crows feet. I only had a sample size, which lasted for almost a month, so I can guess that with continual use this would be a great option for a result driven nighttime eye serum.
3. Lotus Spa Lotion: This is nothing special, as it is a freebie from a cruise ship bathroom, but great for my travel bag. 
4. Peter Thomas Roth Firm Peeling Gel: I didn't really notice any significant benefits from this peel. The exfoliation beads weren't harsh enough, and therefore my skin didn't feel like all the dead skin was removed. 
5. Dove Sensitive Skin: This was a great body wash. It really made my skin feel clean, not stripped, and extremely moisturized. This light body wash was sent to me by Influencer for review.
6. Orogold Moisturizer: Basic daytime moisturizer that left my skin hydrated, not greasy, and felt nice under makeup.
7. Secret - Boho Berry: Not one to mention deodorants, however this scent is awful. I started to smell stale within a hour when worn. The Vanilla and Coco Butter are so much better. 
8. The Ordinary Buffet: For such an inexpensive product, I mean it is under $7, this is amazing. My skin loved this day serum and felt amazing on my skin. I felt as though it really helped with determining your specific needs and targeted those areas. Dryness and blemishes were my two big areas and my skin was clear the entire time I used this product. I will definitely be repurchasing!
9. Mulberry Collagen Essence Mask: Another great sheet mask from FaceTory! It not only had a pleasant scent, it actually did what it was suppose to. Felt a slight tingle, tightness around wrinkles and lines, had a cooling effect, and left my skin feeling extremely hydrate. 
10. Pūr~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum: I really enjoyed this, as it helped keep my under eye and eyelid hydrated. It was lightweight and felt great under my day/night eye creams. This was a little sample, however it was great to use this right after I finished the full size to continue testing.
11. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream: This is my go to, holy grail, daytime eye cream. It is amazing under makeup and powders, however worn on its own is also so beautiful. It gives your under eye the perfect amount of brightening for those no makeup, makeup days. I've already repurchased and will continue to do so. 
12. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Water Cream: This was an awesome day cream, leaving my skin feeling extremely hydrated and not greasy. It also felt great under makeup. I am really loving Water Creams for the day, as they are super lightweight and absorb into the skin quickly. 
13. Equportee Dual Balancing Brightening Mask: This mask was nothing special, however felt great after a long day outside. Hydrated my skin, as well as brightened, balanced, and soothed my element-affected skin.
14. Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Foaming Cleanser: Another one of my holy-grail skin care products. I love this cleanser. It is super lightweight and gentle, helps with blemishes, and soothes any irritated areas. I have been using this cleanser on and off for 4+ years and I will definitely be repurchasing sometime in the near future. 
15. IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream: For how much this product was hyped and well received I was a little disappointed. I was expecting something revolutionary and it just kind of fell flat. Don't get me wrong it was a lovely product (lightweight, hydrating, and felt great under makeup) and I used up the entire jar, however I didn't feel like I got the results I was expecting. 
16. Dr.Jart+ Pore Minimalist Black Charcoal Sheet Mask: Another great mask from Dr.Jart+. My skin felt very clean, with visibly smaller pores. This brand is definitely my go-to for sheet masks, I've never been disappointed. 
17. Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush: I did not like the scent, however the product worked just like it should. You'll be seeing a lot of Batiste Dry Shampoo because it is the only brand I use, and I use A LOT of Dry Shampoo!
18. NeoStrata Glycolic Renewal Smoothing Lotion: The size of the sample was too small to see any results, however the handful of times I got to use it I could tell that if I had the full size I would see results. My skin started to look and feel better with only a few uses. I would definitely look into purchasing the full size. 
19. Marc Anthony Volume Hairspray: Get use to seeing this in my empties, as it is the only hairspray I use. It has a dry formula and is easily brush-able, yet offers great holding power. It smells delicious and if purchased on sale only $8.99!
20. Yes To Cleansing Facial Wipes: A great cheaper option for face wipes. Removed makeup easily and fully, very hydrating, left my skin feeling smooth and not greasy, and most importantly smell amazing. Ill be trying some other scents in the near future. 
21. Cotton Pads: These are literally from the Dollar Store, costing $1.25. They're no Shiseido Cotton Pads, however for the price you cannot go wrong and are worth checking out.
22. Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand Soap - Board Walk Vanilla Cone: Holy cow! This smelt amazing and was great for this time of year. If it is still available be sure to grab one, or two. You won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment