Monday, April 01, 2013

Pixie Mood - The Vanessa Bag Review

A week or so ago I got in contact with the ever talented Owners Kelvin and Chloe, who is also the designer, of Pixie Mood.  To be truthful I wasn't familiar with the Toronto based company, however with some further browsing and reading I grew to love the Animal Friendly company and what they stood for.  Having designed accessories from wallets to handbags since 2010, Pixie Mood has proven that Vegan products can be functional yet fashionable, all while being good for the environment.  Using materials such as vegan cottons, straw, faux-wool, leather (PU-leather), jute, and sequins to name a few, to create accessories for both day and night.  Allowing. not only the materials, but the bold colours, unique patterns, and variety of shapes and sizes to speak for themselves.  Not only can you buy online, you can also visit one of their numerous locations throughout Canada and the US.  (Click here to see a full list of locations.)  Go ahead, have a look, who knows there may be a Pixie Mood handbag or wallet out there for you too.  Or if you're like me there's never only one!  
I ended up choosing the Vanessa Bag in Teal because of its size and shape, as it will be perfect for my upcoming Con-Ed course starting in the next couple of months.  I was in the market for a all-purpose tote to carry my books, lunch, and shoes to and from work and school without the hassle of a bulky reusable grocery bag.  I know, I know, can you say 'Fashion Faux-Paws"... yuck!  I got a sample of its usability by bringing it with me throughout World MasterCard Fashion Week to carry my notebook, lunch, shoes, and anything else being transported from work to play and can I say PERFECT!  The Vanessa Bag features a contrast lining, smartphone pockets, inside/outside zippered pockets, zipper closure, and intricate stitching details.  The Vanessa Bag is currently retailing for $48 (I know right?) and is also available in Red.

The Review: I give the Vanessa Bag from Pixie Mood a 9/10, I absolutely love this bag.  The contrast strap, stitching details, bold colour, texture of the material, external/internal pockets, and overall size of the bag (Length: 15" / Height: 13.5" / Width: 4.5") make this tote my go-to for any upcoming Spring/Summer shopping or travels.  And let's be honest, there will lots of those.  Who doesn't love two hands to shop with!  The only complaint I have about the Vanessa Bag is the length of the shoulder strap.  With a tote this size I like to be able to comfortably wear the straps over my shoulder, however I found with this one it was extremely snug, especially with my heavy Winter jacket on.  Hopefully once the Winter bulk comes off it will be the perfect fit, and fingers crossed it is sooner rather than later!
To learn more about Pixie Mood visit their website, www.pixiemood.com, follow them on Twitter, @pixie_mood, and 'Like' them on Facebook, Pixie Mood.  I already have my next Pixie Mood handbag picked out, the Steph Bag, do you?  Happy Shopping :)

Breaking News: Pixie Mood attends his first, and not last, World MasterCard Fashion Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment