Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My 5 Days in London… Day 5

With my trip coming to an end I spent my last day in Londontown on a red double-decker bus, a must while in London, wanting to re-visit as many of the top sites as possible. I decided to go on a Hop-On Hop-Off Tour by Big Bus Tours, which took me to Big Ben, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, and Westminster Abbey just to name a few.
Buckingham Palace - unfortunately The Queen was not home. She was off celebrating Easter and her birthday at Windsor Castle.
The Changing of The Guards at Buckingham Palace - considering this happens daily around 11am, I could not believe how many people came to watch the 2 hour ceremony.
The famous Westminster Abbey - where William and Kate wed back in April 2011.
The Tower of London - 1,000 years of history with The Royals and home of the Crown Jewels.
Tower Bridge - painted red, white, and blue to represent Queen Elizabeth's II's Silver Jubilee in 1977.
After completing all of the sites the Big Bus Tour had to offer I RAN to the Barbican Museum, literally making it just before closing, to visit The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier from the Sidewalk to the Catwalk Exhibition. Featuring over 165 couture and ready-to-wear creations from the 1970's to today. The exhibit also had numerous pieces from some of the most famous closets in the world of film and fashion, HELLO Madonna's infamous cone bras! Honestly, one of the best fashion exhibits I have ever been too; if you're in London the exhibit is on until August 25th 2014 at the Barbican Museum.
The best part of my day had to be my final dinner in London with Laura at Novikov Restaurant and Bar. We opted for the Italian Room and indulged in delicious pastas, wine, and the best bread and dips EVER! With a quick visit to the downstairs lounge for a couple of drinks, we called it a night, when back to her flat and watched some MIC for what I thought was the last time. (Don't worry I was able to find a site at home so I could watch the rest of the 7th Season!) 
[What I Wore - Dress: Club Monaco / Necklace: Chanel (Thanks Laura!) / Pumps: Christian Louboutin / Clutch: Opelle]
Honestly, one of the best trips I have had in a long time. Not only did I get to explore London all over again, I got to do it with one of my oldest friends. I can't wait until next time, because let's be honest, Ill be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment