Sunday, April 22, 2012

Banjara Indian Cuisine = YUMMY!

Yesterday evening I took my boyfriend out for a belated birthday dinner to Banjara Indian Cuisine, located at Christie and Bloor in Toronto, there is another location at Eglinton and west of Mount Pleasant.  After walking by the restaurant a couple of weekends back, the smell was enough to make me want to live in there.  We both decided that we much try this place and a surprise birthday dinner was the best time to do it.  So off we went, in a cab, to the mystery location.  Once we arrived my boyfriend was pleasantly surprised with my choice and we ready to get our feast on!  Even with close to an hour wait, it was well worth it, as they don't take reservations!  Not knowing too much about Indian food, other than curries, we tried to order outside of our knowledge of Indian food and went for Butter Chicken, Goat Vindaloo and Chicken Curry (I just couldn't resist), Plain Rice, Butter Naan Bread and Rotti and of course we opted for all the dishes to be spicy.  Once the food came, we realized we had quite the feast in front of us and that our eyes were MUCH bigger than our stomachs.
From Left to Right - Chicken Curry, Goat Vindaloo and Butter Chicken
From Left to Right - Rotti, Plain Rice and Butter Naan
However, we both powered through and enjoyed as much as possible and taking the rest to go.  I will definitely be going back to Banjara restaurant and explaining my Indian food pallet.  The best part was is that I got to enjoy it again for lunch this afternoon and it was just as good reheated :)  If you are living in Toronto or the surrounding area Banjara Indian Cuisine is a MUST try, click here to visit their website and see their menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment