Tuesday, February 28, 2012

St-Martin/Sint Maarten - Southern Caribbean

Being the first stop on my cruise and the one location that was manditory that we went to, I can't wait to see The Island of St-Martin/St Maarten.  Since it is known as a "Honeymoon" Destination, there is  no other person better to go with than my Mom.  I know I know, not the most romantic person to go with but I know that we will have a blast.
See below for some quick facts about St-Martin/St Maarten.
  • There is two parts to St-Martin/Sint Maarten, Southern and Northern.  Southern Sint Maarten is a Constituent Country of the Netherlands and Northern Saint Martin Constitutes the French.
  • Estimated Population - 74,852 (38,927 Dutch and 35,925 French)
  • Area - 87 km2 (34 km2 Dutch and 53 km2 French)
  • Official Languages are Dutch, French and English
  • Average Yearly Temperature is 27 °C
  • Known for Beaches, Shopping and Food/Drink

No comments:

Post a Comment