Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My first couple of days in Peurto Rico

After being here for 3 full days I have been pleasantly surprised with the weather. In an earlier post I was complaining about how it was suppose to thunderstorm and/or rain all week. Well so far so good, I don't want to jinks it, but the weather has been really great. Besides only getting a couple of hours of sun on Sunday and then it pouring rain the rest of the day, today and yesterday have been extremely gorgeous with no rain and sun all day with only a little bit of clouds. Since yesterday was our first day of all day sun, I had to take FULL advantage of it. However, I think I may have over done it yesterday. Resulting in quite the painful burn and limiting my sun exposure today, which sucks because it was sunny with no clouds all day! However, palm trees and cabanas are an excellent source of shade and allowed me to stay outside all day. Currently it is 4:30 here, same as in Toronto, and I am sitting poolside listening to the waves of the ocean only 20 feet away from me.
Other than the beach, ocean, pool, weather and my burn I haven't really done much else. I have Ben going to be around 9/10 and walking up being 8 to head straight to the pool/beach for a long, fun and hot day in the sun. I have also been eating some of the BEST food I have eaten in a very long time. With a great selection of restaurants in the hotel, there is something for everyone! From steak to Italian to Caribbean and Japan, there is something different for dinner every night! Having already eaten at the Italian restaurant having the BEST lobster ravioli I have ever had and the Caribbean restaurant having grouper and a potato and veggie "veggie loaf", one thing is for certain I can complain about my burn but the food I cannot! So where to for dinner tonight??
One thing I haven't done yet is go to the mall... Which don't you worry I will for sure make time to do. However, there are some small stores in the hotel and I already have my eye on and my convincing on a topaz, gold and silver David Yurman cuff. OMG it is gorgeous... I'm hoping with enough convincing and maybe an emergency call home to dad that my parents will buy it for me, if I'm a good girl all week :)
Other than that I really haven't done much, which is awesome and I am thoroughly looking forward to the next 6 days of it! And already dreading going back home to work!
Ill do my best to keep all you dolls up to date with my vaca and I'll be sure to upload pics when I return home, stupid iPad it wont let me... Grrr!!!!
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. yay fun in the sun. you really enjoyed your lobster ravioli? lol - because you have also become a nice red hot lobster from over indulging in the sun. i hope you come back the same skin tone as me. glad your having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete